Broccoli and Spirulina Nibbles – A Plant-based Superfood Snack
This delicious easy to make superfood snack or entrée gives you the amazing range of health benefits that Spirulina offers as well as:
- The gut friendly soluble fibre, omega-3’s and proteins from the Chia seed.
- The gluten-free almond flour that won’t cause a blood sugar spike.
- A magnesium hit from the tahini.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 4 cups broccoli florets (roughly 300g)
- 2 chia eggs (2 tablespoons chia seeds + 6 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp organic burst Spirulina powder
- 1/2 tsp tarragon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Blanch the broccoli for a few minutes, then run under cold water.
- Mix chia seeds and water together to make the chia eggs and set aside.
- Transfer broccoli to a cutting board and finely chop. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the chia eggs.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Form the broccoli mix into small bite size balls.
- Preheat the oven to 205 C (400 F). Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Allow balls to cool for 10 – 15 minutes before transferring to a plate and serving.