Serves 4 as a pasta sauce Preparations time 6 mins Cooking time 0 mins
This tasty vegan variation on the time honoured Mediterranean classic tastes virtually the same as the original except that it has all the health benefits of Spirulina and is dairy free.
1 cup pine nuts, very lightly toasted
½ cup nutritional yeast
3 handfuls fresh basil
1 clove of chopped garlic
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp of fresh Spirulina paste
juice of 1 lemon
- Pulse the garlic and basil in food processor.
- Add the pine nuts and olive oil to the mixture and pulse again.
- Stir in the lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and spirulina powder.
- Season to taste. You may add more olive oil to reach the consistency of your liking.
- Serve with pasta or vegie spaghetti.
Excellent on your favorite pasta. Keeps in the fridge for 5 days.