Serves 4 Preparations time 8 mins Cooking time 25 mins
Good for a robust and healthy breakfast or a light lunch.
3 cups broccoli florets, chopped small
2 cups of sliced mushrooms
1 grated medium sized potato
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1 red onion cut in half and thinly sliced
2 tbsp water
3 tbsp of fresh Spirulina
2 tbsp of flour
Pinch of salt
1 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of dried oregano
1 cup grated cheese (use 2 tbsp nutritional yeast for a non-dairy option)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (390F).
- Add 1 tablespoon butter/coconut oil to an oven-proof frying pan/skillet and lightly brown the garlic and red onion until soft and translucent.
- Add in the broccoli, mushrooms and potato and fry for about 2 minutes. Stir in 4 tablespoons water, season with salt and pepper and cook over a moderate heat until the water is absorbed. Leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the fresh Spirulina, grated cheese, flour and oregano. Add the cooled broccoli from the frying pan and mix well.
- Put the frying pan back over a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon butter/coconut oil.
- Pour the egg and broccoli mixture into the frying pan and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the frying pan to the oven and bake until set for around 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or store in the fridge for 2 days.